Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Intro to My Life

    My Name is Derrick Lee and I am an Electronic Media and Film Studies major with a minor in Marketing. My hopes with this combination of major and minor is to become part of a creative team in an add firm, either assisting of producing commercials. Hopefully I'll be able to move onto this dream soon assuming I graduate this semester, fingers crossed.
    I came to Eastern 4 years ago from a small town in Indiana, Plymouth. That town is located about 35 min south of South Bend, where University of Notre Dame is located. I decided to come to Eastern for their track and field program to further my pole vaulting career. It was fun for one year but I decided to move away from sports and focus on my education and career.
    That leap turned out to be the right move for me. I ended up working in Public Access for two year in Ann Arbor as a video editor. That job then led to me being confident enough in my skills to start my own video production company, Edit 1 Productions. I have been relatively successful in that venture with three consecutive lucrative clients. 
    That wasn't enough experience for me however, I had a slow last summer because Edit 1 was my only income and the summer months are very slow for me. I started applying for any job I could find and eventually heard back from WXYZ channel 7. I went through the most intense interview process i've had to face to this date and got the job as a video editor there.

No comments:

Post a Comment